Sri Lanka Cricket secretary Mohan de Silva has claimed Wanindu Hasaranga and Dushmantha Chameera, who were announced as replacement players by Royal Challengers Bangalore for the remainder of the Indian Premier League 2021 season, have neither taken permission from the SLC nor the board is aware of their signings.
Hasaranga and Chameera were unsold in the IPL auction, held earlier this year.
In a release yesterday, RCB said 24-year-old leg-spinning all-rounder Hasaranga has been roped in for Australia’s Adam Zampa and 29-year-old pacer Dushmantha Chameera has been taken in for Australia’s Daniel Sams, who is unavailable for the IPL, which resumes on September 19.
Speaking to Cricbuzz de Silva has said, “We have not taken any decision yet as they will have to apply for the NOCs. We are not aware of these players being selected, neither have they sought permission from us.”
He further said that the board will take a decision on the players only when the application for no-objection certificates is made before them.
Both Hasaranga and Chameera were impressive performers in last month’s Sri Lanka-India white ball series.
It is learnt that SLC wants its players fully fit for the Twenty20 World Cup, which is set to take place in October-November and before that they plan to leave for Oman, where they are planning to play a few games.
Sri Lanka will also host South Africa for three ODIs and three Twenty20 Internationals from September 2 to 14.