Hanwella in the Colombo district has received the highest rainfall in the past 24 hours that ended at 8.30am.
The Department of Meteorology said the Hanwella area received 150.5mm of rainfall.
Meanwhile, Waharaka in the Kegalle district had received 133mm of rainfall during the past 24 hours while Avissawella also in the Colombo district has recorded a rainfall of 114mm.
Padukka has received 90mm of rainfall while Deniyaya in the Matara district has recorded a rainfall of 80.5mm in the past 24 hours.
Meanwhile, the Department of Meteorology says showers will occur at times in the Western, Sabaragamuwa and North-Western provinces and in the Kandy, Nuwara-Eliya, Galle and Matara districts.
The Met Department said very heavy showers above 150mm may occur at some places in the Western and Sabaragamuwa provinces and in the Kandy, Nuwara-Eliya, Galle and Matara districts today.
- People living in hilly areas (particularly landslide prone areas) and low-lying areas in river basins are requested to be vigilant.
- Drivers and people using roads in the hilly areas are requested to be vigilant.
- Take adequate precautions to minimize damages caused by lightning activity.
- Beware of fallen trees and power lines.
- Be alert on the advisories issued by the Department of Meteorology.
- For emergency assistance contact the local disaster management authorities