COLOMBO (NewsRadio); The Ministry of Foreign Affairs says the authentication of documents by the Consular Affairs Division in Colombo and the Regional Offices in Jaffna, Trincomalee, Matara, Kandy and Kurunegala, will be limited until further notice.
The Ministry attributed the service disruption to a technical fault in the computer system of the Consular Affairs Division of the Foreign Ministry.
The Foreign Ministry said it accords the utmost importance to the smooth document verification process and remedial action is being taken.
In a statement, the Foreign Ministry said, at present, the Consular Division is processing only the most urgent documents while other documents will be processed once the system is repaired.
Meanwhile, other consular services will continue without any interruption.
The general public can contact the consular office via the following phone numbers:
– Consular Affairs Division, Colombo – 0112338812
– Regional Office, Jaffna – 0212215972
– Regional Office, Trincomalee – 0262223182/86
– Regional Office, Kandy – 0812384410
– Regional Office, Kurunegala – 0372225931
– Regional Office –Matara-0412226713/0412226697
The Foreign Ministry said the public will be notified once the verification process is in full operation.