The Government Medical Officers’ Association says a risk of services at the Intensive Care Unit of the Army Hospital in Narahenpita being disrupted has arisen.
The GMOA issuing a statement said the number of Army-affiliated doctors are insufficient in maintaining patient care.
The statement said 38 civilian doctors of the Ministry of Health were previously attached to the Army Hospital.
The GMOA claimed three doctors of the group were issued transfers adding that their vacancies however were not filled.
The GMOA claimed the relevant military officers and officials of the Health Ministry must be held responsible for the decision to transfer the doctors from the Army Hospital and the disruption of services at the hospital through arbitrary actions.
The GMOA Executive Committee is scheduled to hold a special discussion with the civilian doctors currently serving at the Army Hospital on Thursday.